Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Life Doesn't Stop For Anyone

.....hello! I've just remembered I made this blog a couple of years ago. Freshman year. Oh how things have changed. I never thought my life would play out like this...never thought i'd be dealt such an unlucky hand of cards. You know how people say "enjoy life today and live life without regrets because you never know what could happen tomorrow"? Well it's true. Whoever "they" are, (you know...those wise people that everyone talks about), they're right. I would've never thought that I'd be going through the things I'm going through now. I guess this is God's way of telling me I should've appreciated life more when everything was going smoothly. Although, I would say that pulling the cancer card twice is a little too dramatic for a wake up call.
         Why is it that things never work out the way they're supposed to? Why do bad things happen to good people? I just don't understand. I feel like I've been a pretty good person my whole life. I'm not perfect, I have my bad days; but why do things like this have to happen? It makes me think I've done something wrong...but what could I have done that was so bad to deserve this?
          I hate seeing people sad. That's all anyone ever is anymore. Sure, throw a few laughs here and there, but no one is really happy. And whatever happened to telling the truth about the way you feel? I wouldn't call "fine" an adjective. No one really is ever "fine". Why can't people just say how they really feel? I think it's cause everyone is scared. Everyone is scared to be vulnerable. No one wants to admit they are weak. Everyone has a weakness. Superman's biggest weakness was kryptonite. Wasn't he supposed to be the strongest man in the world?  For one whole day I wish no one would lie about the way they feel. No small talks or i'm fine's. If everyone is struggling, then surely they are all waiting for someone to vent to too, right? I say just let it out. You could call me a hypocrite, though. Seldom do I ever really tell people whats wrong. Maybe before this summer I would've been more open, but not now, I can't add anymore stress to the situation.
           I guess if there's anything that I have learned in my entire teenage existence, it's that life doesn't stop for anyone. Live your life the way you want to. Tell the people you love that you love them more often. Do the things you've always wanted to do, today. Don't wait for "someday". Life's short and then you die. What you do with the time in between is your choice, make it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment